DEVOTION

Hello! It has taken me awhile to start on a new post. Life has been extremely busy lately. A lot of exhaustion. But it is very hard to sleep for long.

When I began this blog in 2012, I wrote a new post every day for quite some time, actually almost every day for 2 years. As time went on and I got busier and busier, it was hard to do that. So, now I try to write when the Lord prompts me. The Lord has been prompting me on and off since August when I started this post. And here I finally am finishing on the 31st!

Since God has prompted me and I haven't listened, here it is now time to write a new post, so here we are on New Year's Eve. 

Have you ever asked yourself this question: Am I really devoted to God? Or am I just trying to make the motions so it looks like I am? This is a great topic for a new year!

Well, God says this:

1 Kings 8:61 HCSB--Let your heart be completely devoted to the LORD our God to walk in His statutes and to keep His commands, as it is today.” 

Colossians 4:2 NIV--Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

The Bible, God's Word, over and over in so many ways tells us to keep our eyes on Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:2 BSB--Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Actually, the first thing we need to do is give our life to Christ. Devotion to God means nothing until we ask Jesus to come into our heart. It is not that God doesn't love us because He certainly does. Why would we want to devote ourselves to God unless we want to start a relationship with Him? So, we must do that first. 

Pray this prayer first, if you are not saved. If you prayed the prayer of salvation, asked Jesus into your heart, you are saved and washed in the blood of Jesus.

Now you can learn how to devote yourself to Jesus, to keep your eyes on Him. These scriptures will definitely help.

“I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”
Psalm 16:8 NIV

We must choose to keep our eyes on the Lord, and not on our troubles and situations. Yes, those things are there but we can't focus on them or they will take over our lives and really bring us down.

When you intentionally set your focus on God, you will never be disappointed!

My eyes are always on the LORD, for He will pull my feet out of the net. Psalm 25:15 HCSB

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1 NIV

There are many more things to do as a Christian, but putting Jesus Christ first in our lives is most important. 

So, as you ponder these scriptures and thoughts in the days to come as the New Year eases in, don't forget how much God loves you, uncondition- ally and beyond all comprehension.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33 NKJV

Happy New Year to you and your family!

May God bless your year as never before!

Love & blessings,

Lesbear








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!

GOD IS GOOD SO DON'T HOLD BACK

Choosing Jesus Every Day: Don't Be Lazy