Choosing Jesus Every Day: Don't Be Lazy

...to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:2b-3

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Greetings

And to us all! I have not written here in 5 months. Forgive me! Life is so busy these days. My husband, Bert, and I thought retirement would be less busy and more, well retired. But that is okay! I believe we are following the path that God wants us on at this time of our lives and that He knows best. So, praise be to our God and Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, for His great guidance!

My devotion this morning was very interesting. Bert and I have had this conversation many times when he was still working full time and pastoring. We discussed the fact that our house needs attention. A house will fall if it is not taken care of. And, of course, he was working so much that he didn't have a lot of time to fix things around the house, mostly outside. The south eastern weather is not the most kind on structures.

I use the Bible app on my phone for my devotions and have for years. It is wonderful! I always have it with me no matter where I am. 

Anyway, my devotion this week is called Prayer Killers by Time of Grace. It talks about all the things that can kill our time with Jesus. Today's was called Laziness. Oh my! Am I lazy? I am not usually lazy. I stay busy all the time. I never run out of things to do at home, or in all the other things in my life. But at home I am not the best at keeping things organized. I mean that my house is lived in. My messes are my messes and I am lazy about those things. But I have my hands in so much that I just jump around from one thing to another without finishing things, and then putting my stuff away.

One thing that I am not lazy about is my time with God every morning. It is the very best way to start the day. Now you don't have to start the day this way, you can end your day in the same way. But for me morning is best. I am fresh, awake, and ready to see God's Word and the way He wants me to go for the day.

So, this was the scripture for today's devotion.

Laziness leads to a sagging roof; idleness leads to a leaky house. Ecclesiastes 10:18

Oh my! So if we are lazy and don't take care of our homes, they will fall apart. This is the same of our lives. If we are lazy and don't spend time with God praising Him, thanking Him, talking to Him, reading His Word, worshiping Him corporately (in church), and living our life as worship to our Almighty King, then our lives will fall apart. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus speaking) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Don't let satan steal your joy, and your life, taking the Lord from your remembrance. That is what he comes to do, you know! He wants us for his own. But I want to belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, not the evil one.

We have a choice, two ways to go, and only two.

1st way to go: Follow Jesus
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 1 Peter 2:9

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Choices

2nd way to go: Follow the evil one
Evil is darkness. We may not see it, but it is. Whereas Jesus is the Light of the world. So, if we don't follow Jesus wholeheartedly we are following evil. There is no in between. No gray line. Just a black one, a black hole so to speak. 

“So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord alone. But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24: 14-15 OT

Praise the Lord! Joshua and his family did choose to follow the Lord. And the Israelites did also after following many gods other than the One True God. Where are we in this scenario? Are we following God with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength?  Or are we following the evil one? Remember there is no in between!

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ Mark 12:30

This is what I choose to do, to follow Jesus and not be lazy about it. The Christian life is not easy but it is worth every second of it. Jesus loves us unconditionally. 

Do not tremble and do not be afraid;
Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it?
And you are My witnesses.
Is there any God besides Me,
Or is there any other Rock?
I know of none.’” Isaiah 44:8

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/No-Other-Is-God

I am praying for you to follow Jesus with your whole heart!

Have a blessed day!

Lesbear











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!

GOD IS GOOD SO DON'T HOLD BACK